A port of Dandy
Dark Chambers is an arcade action game similar to Gauntlet. You are an explorer in an underground maze; your goal is to survive the 26 different levels and collect as many of the hidden treasures as you can. Hidden somewhere in each of the levels is an exit which will take you on to the next level. Trying to stop you from completing your quest are a wide variety of creatures, including zombies, wraiths, skeletons, wizards, and the grim reaper. Each of the creatures in the game has a different strength; when you shoot a creature, it will transform into the next weaker creature. Eventually a creature will become the weakest one (a zombie) at which point it can be destroyed. In addition to the creatures and treasures, other items that can be found in the maze are keys (to open doors), potions (to restore health), poison (drains health), guns (increases your firing rate), traps, shields, and bombs. The game is played from an overhead point of view, and is for one player or two players simultaneously.
More Info on IGDB
Reviews View More
Dark Chambers is a very simple and explorative game in terms of having what essentially amounts to a wide open area to essentially go through like a labyrinth.
Essentially you have the ability to revert Ghosts into physical forms and destroying them:
· Orange Bag - Gives you health
· Orange Barrel- Gives you points
· Golden neckless - Gives you points
· U shaped object - Gives you points.
· Black Door - Leads you to the next level
· X Barrel - Looks like an Orange barrel, but will cause damage upon picking up.
· Black Explosive box - Assuming it is a TNT or an Explosive box of some sort, it tends to kill instantly or take a lot of health.