Reviews

fun

Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020

jogo difícil do carai

Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020

not a very good game but holy shit the aesthetic is through the roof

Reviewed on Aug 12, 2020

A ver, a nadie voy a descubrirle América cuando digo que es muy divertido, estéticamente es increíble y tiene una banda sonora de 10.

Pero fetichiza demasiado la dificultad y algunos bosses como el dragón o el robot son odiosos.

Reviewed on Aug 10, 2020

la cxncha de sus xadres

Reviewed on Aug 09, 2020

yes i am a dumb bitch who found this too hard

Reviewed on Aug 08, 2020

Incredibly fun and satisfying to get good at. Does such a good job of encouraging you to do what some players may just assume is too hard for them, that's what I look for the most in "hard" games. Visuals and soundtrack obviously speak for themselves.

Reviewed on Aug 06, 2020

The CHAD Cuphead vs the virgin Yandere Simulator.

Reviewed on Aug 05, 2020

De los indies más molones y con más personalidad de la generación. Musica y Arte de 10 y gameplay disfrutable hasta que llegas al puto tren de los cojones y te entran ganas de arrancarte las manos

Reviewed on Jul 31, 2020

el cabeza de mate cocido

Reviewed on Jul 29, 2020

I can't fucking beat this game but I'm gonna give it a 9 because look at those graphics, and also yeah it's fun i guess

Personal Accolades - "Best Game I'll Never Beat Award"

Reviewed on Jul 24, 2020

The art style of this game is incredible and is truly a marvel to behold. I just wish there was some form of difficulty adjustment so I could explore everything the world of Cuphead has to offer. While challenging, the game is rewarding. However, I am continuously frustrated how the game employs randomness to encounters with bosses. It never feels like I beat a boss because I got better with the game (which you do improve over time, no doubt), but rather because I got a lucky round where the attacks didn't hit as hard/weren't as difficult. I know this is standard for video game design, but with a game like this where you can't change the difficulty, I often found myself restarting a boss because a certain attack pattern was more difficult than the previous one. Regardless, the music is also fantastic and relevant for the time period this game encompasses. It's incredible for an indie team (bravo to them), just wish the game either had difficulty levels or had more fair encounters. Either way, worth ya $20

Reviewed on Jul 20, 2020

Exceptionally overrated difficulty wise. The game isn't really that hard as opposed to just being pretty cheap and ganky at times, and the run and gun sections are so terrible. If it wasn't for the artstyle I don't think this game would have anything to offer.

Reviewed on Jul 19, 2020

More fun than I expected, but too easy to really be memorable.

Reviewed on Jul 17, 2020

I'm terrible at this game.

Reviewed on Jul 16, 2020

To be honest, Cuphead is one of the most interesting Indie games i've ever played, and its reception shows how much the players enjoys the sense of individuality in the game.

The thing that makes Cuphead so interesting is its rarely seen sense of individuality and originality in it; the game is not "inspired" by any famous game or any successful model, which is something that is barely seen in the modern age of the gaming and entertainment industry in general - even the biggest and most successful projects inherit some ideas and traits from several other projects, either related or not.

Sure, cuphead is part of a genre that existed before it came out, the run-n-gun style, but even then, it still takes it own direction in terms of gameplay and design.
The game itself , rather than mainly focus on long, linear levels like in megaman or score-based story experience like Contra, Cuphead is a boss-based game, that has you fighting multiple, extremely hard and different boss fights in the format of run-n-gun. This is one of the downsides of the game, as if you are not fluent in the playstyle of the game (which i'm not, sincerely ;/), you are going to lose and restart bosses A LOT. This makes cuphead a very serious and unforgiving game at its core, despite its happy and cartoony design which may confuse and possibly ruin the experience for some naive, casual players of the game. However, even with such hard bosses, it is very clear that cuphead's boss designs are brilliant, each boss feels completely different and cooler than the one you thought beforehand.
Naturally, in such a challenging game, cuphead adopts the basic mechanic of "progress and experience". In the game, the mechanic appears in unlockable weapon-types and "perks" , using a coin currency unlocked through optional side levels that are a bit more similar to trad. run-n-gun games, only they rather serve as both good practice and a "pace-slower" level. This makes the game feel more like a fun and light gunning game, however it has one big flaw - getting enough coins to unlock multiple weapons and perks would usually require you to replay the levels again and again, which feels somewhat repetitive, especially considering that you must finish the level in order to inherit the coins you got during the run.

As much as the game's gameplay sparks charm, it does not end there: the game's visual, character, graphic designs and original soundtrack all follow the original theme and look of the 60's cartoons. For such an unusual design, the game follows the style with surprising success, and is just a pleasure to look at and listen to.

In conclusion, Cuphead is a great game, that deserves all the praise it gets: with an original and completely passionately-linear style, the game brings a refreshing game and overall experience for the entertaining and gaming market. Obviously, the game is far from perfect, yet with a well-deserved sequel, several gameplay improvements and a lot of motivation will guarantee in a most-needed masterpiece.

Reviewed on Jul 07, 2020

divertido e tem uma arte incrível

Reviewed on Jul 07, 2020

me dio mucha paja un level pero me faltaban 2 bosses está copardo (copa xD!!). Los run and gun son una poronga, pero es enserio challenging cuando tiene ganas

Reviewed on Jul 03, 2020

Phenomenal art style and ball-busting platforming/shooting. Vaguely haunted by issues of racism, both resolved and not. The parry mechanic can mostly fuck off.

Reviewed on Jun 29, 2020

moist

Reviewed on Jun 27, 2020

The art style and OST are great, lets just get that out of the way. This game is everything I like about Dark Souls (Hard, interesting, tense boss battles) minus the things I hate about Dark Souls (wasting a year of your life running back through the level over and over to get back to the boss). In many ways Cuphead is a spiritual successor to Contra, and that's fucking awesome.

Reviewed on Jun 25, 2020

Unable to finish and was stuck on Calamarie, p good tho

Reviewed on Jun 20, 2020

quit at the dragon but i respect the craft

Reviewed on Jun 18, 2020

top tier rage game

Reviewed on Jun 13, 2020

Mostly of the fights are totally fair, an art style unique and a funny experience at all.

Reviewed on Jun 05, 2020

Takes a second to get the hang of but knocks it out the park.

Reviewed on May 31, 2020

Great artstyle and a good challenge. The music is amazing and the game feels fair. The process of learning and mastering a fight isn't comparable to anything else

Reviewed on May 27, 2020

Hardest game I have ever played. Almost feels impossible at times, along with the control scheme that's very difficult to master, especially how to dodge enemies. However, I have to give it credit for being able to combine a video game with a vintage cartoon. It almost feels like you're watching it rather than playing, which I honestly wished I was.

Reviewed on May 26, 2020

Phenomenally beautiful game, much too hard for someone at my skill level to make any amount of progress in. Still, I barely minded how frustrating it was because the visuals are so strong!

Reviewed on May 22, 2020

Hi please make more 2D games with lovingly hand-drawn animated sprites

Maybe pick an animation style with a less racist history behind it though

Reviewed on May 20, 2020

The run 'n gun style stages feel half-baked in comparison to the boss fights. The structure of the game would work better if it was akin to Treasure's Alien Soldier rather than haphazardly broken up into disjointed segments through the world map.

Reviewed on May 07, 2020

fuckhead

Reviewed on May 03, 2020

It's the only game that's too hard for me that I've played. I can't enjoy this.

Reviewed on Apr 30, 2020

The art direction is incredible. The combat is simple but fluid and immensely enjoyable. The fights are challenging but interesting.

But boy, those platforming levels were G A R B A G E.

Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020

it's as hard as my cock after seeing a woman

Reviewed on Apr 16, 2020

Absolutamente sensacional em todos os aspectos. Um jogo memorável pra ficar na história.

Reviewed on Apr 08, 2020

April 8/2020: A million deaths and a handful of successes later... Really enjoying the aesthetic and creativity in this game so far. It's incredibly hard right off the bat though, which will be a challenge if you're used to the "run and gun" genre or a nightmare if you're not. It ain't half satisfying when you finally beat a stage though.

April 7/2020: So when ya'll said this was really hard, what you meant to say was that it's really really hard, yeah?

These controls are gonna take some getting used to.

Reviewed on Apr 07, 2020

(ainda jogando um dia eu ainda zero)

Reviewed on Apr 02, 2020

Great game. Yeah I don't have much to say.

Reviewed on Mar 11, 2020

Marvelous and charming visuals emulating the look of 30's cartoon, but other than that I didn't really enjoy it. I don't particularly like run n' gun games, I have slow reflexes and don't really know how to play them. Loved the look, but that's all. Still, for fans of the genre it should be good, at least it looks very competent on the gameplay side of things.

Reviewed on Jan 09, 2020

9.5/10
CPT: 35 h

Reviewed on Dec 01, 2019

My 2017 GOTY

Reviewed on Oct 29, 2019

True love letter to 1930's animation and etc etc...its all been said at this point. My main takeaway from this game is how the fun the movement and shooting mechanics are, as well as how fun the boss' attack patterns and phases are to learn and overcome. I don't think there's one boss in this game that wasn't fun to fight. And there wasn't much I found cheap in this game; with 2 hits, supers, and an invincible dash once unlocked, you have all the tools available to succeed. Solid game.

Reviewed on Sep 02, 2019

It's pretty good

Reviewed on May 06, 2019

well designed boss fights are what i breathe for

Reviewed on Apr 21, 2019