Reviews

I've made like 8 different builds for this game. I guess I like it.

Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020

Kind of like Dark Souls 1 with that game's rough edges smoothed over. In the process, it also smooths over the looping, interconnected world for something a bit more linear (but branching), but who cares? It's the most fun Dark Souls has ever been.

Reviewed on Aug 12, 2020

it plays the exact same as dark souls 1 but with better bosses and worse level design

Reviewed on Aug 11, 2020

this game's fun but i don't get why it's so heavily obsessed over

Reviewed on Aug 11, 2020

La croqueta de cocido de la saga. Este juego tiene una cosa y es que se supone que es el gran homenaje a toda la ip en el climax de la saga... pero se olvida de que el II existió.

Entonces queda como una especie de "¿Te acuerdas de Dark Souls I? ¿A que te encantó? PUES TOMA".

Reviewed on Aug 09, 2020

this is just so not fun to me

Reviewed on Aug 09, 2020

soulless

Reviewed on Aug 06, 2020

Download the Cinders mod and this easily becomes the best Dark Souls game.

Reviewed on Aug 05, 2020

esta wapo ademas puedes crearte a sasuke uchiha

Reviewed on Jul 31, 2020

Si Miyazaki me pidiera que le donara un riñón le donaría los dos

Reviewed on Jul 31, 2020

I've played through this game a good 5-6 times and I've still missed so much.

Reviewed on Jul 28, 2020

i am the greatest dark souls player in the world

Reviewed on Jul 27, 2020

Arguably the most consistent Miyazaki game. it also proves that consistency doesn't always mean better quality, as Dark Souls III leans into more safe accessible design choices that hinder it from being the best game in the franchise, but I'd be lying if it doesn't have the best roster of boss fights and some of the best level design in the whole series.

Reviewed on Jul 24, 2020

It's good.

Reviewed on Jul 22, 2020

The souls series dying gasp.

Souls 3 takes a lot of good lessons from all the other games and wraps them in a balanced and fun package as it drifts off into the sunset. The DLC don't really feel as powerful as the others, but it has a fantastic final boss that really brings the journey home. I'd say its mostly everything from the series done "well". Nothing as good as others, nothing as bad as others.

Reviewed on Jul 17, 2020

The culmination of all Soul games - Dark Souls 3 feels like the most well-balanced experience in the series but it never quite reaches the same highs of those previous entries. Still - the level design, combat and bosses are excellent throughout - never dipping to the lows found in pervious games.

Reviewed on Jul 15, 2020

Despite the problems that weigh down the game, the build variety and customization options work very well in favor of the souls formula and create a fun unique experience.

Reviewed on Jul 15, 2020

Writing: 3/5
Gameplay: 5/5
Art Design & Visuals: 5/5
Voices & Sounds: 3/5
Atmosphere & Immersion: 4/5

Reviewed on Jul 10, 2020

Good game but should improve a bit.
Almost 100% completed

Reviewed on Jul 10, 2020

Not that hard all you need is patience

Reviewed on Jul 05, 2020

está muy bueno pero recae demasiado en REMEMBER ANOR LONDO? y le falta una identidad propia

Reviewed on Jul 03, 2020

eh

Reviewed on Jun 30, 2020

The Darks Souls for people who are bad at Souls games, like me!

Reviewed on Jun 30, 2020

FODA FODA FODA FODA FODA

Reviewed on Jun 28, 2020

Não é o meu dark souls favorito, nem o mais divertido, mas tem a melhor gameplay

Reviewed on Jun 28, 2020

Similar to Bloodborne with its problems but it has much better gameplay and offers more options.

i
i just fuckin love it

Reviewed on Jun 26, 2020

foda

Reviewed on Jun 23, 2020

you guys remember dark souls 1? this game definitely does

Reviewed on Jun 21, 2020

Better than the original you can send all complaints to ccbuddyrider@Blighttown.edu

Reviewed on Jun 18, 2020

Praise the sun, again

Reviewed on Jun 10, 2020

What a bland, empty game. I honestly struggle to recall just about anything from it because it just doesn't do anything noteworthy. Super uninspired all the way through, honestly. You can very much tell, in light of what Sekiro accomplished later on, that From was extremely ready to move on from this series.

Reviewed on Jun 08, 2020

With Bloodborne, FromSoft found the perfect balance with their signature difficulty, between toughness and actually being fun. For this reason, this is the best DS game, with the best gameplay, best art design and best everything in the series.

Reviewed on May 31, 2020

love getting my ass kicked

Reviewed on May 26, 2020

I should replay this one. I remember liking it but I don't remember a ton of it. The vore saint was cool.

Reviewed on May 20, 2020

I feel it's important to note that a combination of two things finally got me to play my first real Souls: playing Sekiro and later growing to miss it dearly, and attempting to play a much worse Soulslike and getting so fed up I took solace in the real thing. For all their fearsome reputation, FromSoft games function like eductational tools: they take your hand and gently guide you from a novice to a player who can confidently defeat even the nastiest boss. They want you to succeed and they speak a consistent and thoughtful language to teach you how. If other games truly want to grab a piece of From's shining star, they don't need to learn a combat system or checkpoint-based level design, they need to learn how to teach.

Reviewed on May 19, 2020

Only Souls game I've played and I totally get it. Rage inducing but amazing in every way. I completed it but haven't managed to beat Nameless King, so I don't know if that counts.

Reviewed on May 03, 2020

what if we made bloodborne again but called it dark souls

(still a good game and fun a.f.)

Reviewed on May 02, 2020

Controversial opinion I know, but I think this is the definitive dark souls; just by mechanics and controls alone it blows DS1 out of the water. The callbacks to the original are fantastic, there's incredible build variety and so so so many weapons, spells, and items. SO many memorable and incredibly challenging bosses. The fact alone that it's soulsborne makes it a wonderful timeless experience.

Reviewed on May 02, 2020

It plays great and they introduce some new mechanics I really enjoy, but the magic just isn't there any more. Had more fun with it than DS2, but not by much.

Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020

this game was good .

Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020

An addicting experience to say the least. While the worldbuilding and level design will never exceed that of the first game, it still manages to stand out in its own way. The callbacks to the original are fantastic, building upon the lore of the first game and wrapping it all up with a nice little bow. It looks fantastic (I usually never take screenshots of games I play but this one earned an entire album on my Steam profile). Its combat is improved, being tighter and more fluid than the first game's. The ability to warp between bonfires from the get go is really convenient. Weapon modification is drastically improved, as well as the overall UI. Disappointing to see the armor modifications go, though. Estus Shards and Undead Bone Shards are a much better way to level Estus than kindling in the first game. Armor has a ton of variety but unless you're wearing Havel's set or the Catarina set, physical damage reduction between sets isn't really noticeable (I don't play magic builds, I'm either a strength build or a dex build). Boss fights are exhilerating and really well designed. The soundtrack has more overall memorable tracks than the first, but it's not like I'm going to forget the Firelink Shrine theme or the O&S theme anytime soon.
The story is incredible. You're not going to get much of it just from the game, so I recommend VaatiVidya's videos on the lore, but wow. What a story. This is easily one of the best games I have played in recent years.

Reviewed on Apr 15, 2020

Lacks the spirit of Dark Souls 1, but it's still fine

Reviewed on Apr 07, 2020

Like its predecessor, Dark Souls 3 lives in the shadow of the original that is one of the best games ever made, but it's a great ending to the trilogy with a lot of references and in a way closes the narrative set by the first one.

Reviewed on Jan 09, 2020

The least enthusiastic masterpiece on the market.

Reviewed on Dec 15, 2019