Reviews

Most Recent

Keeping this unrated, because it's been on my list forever. I asked for this for Christmas in 2001, and got it, but I recently played it, and I got about as far as I did 19 years ago.

I don't care for the characters, the story, or the enemies, or anything much with this game.

I think it was just on my backlog because I wanted to honor the $50 USD my mother spent on it.

Sorry again, Mom.

Reviewed on Mar 25, 2020

atrocious camera angles, confusing story, stupid underwater sections, so many flying enemies that interrupt the flow of gameplay, repetitive bosses, confusing missions, not a whole lot of variety of enemies, overall a very flawed game saved by its aesthetic, ideas, soundtrack, and gameplay (when its good)

Reviewed on Mar 25, 2020

Started the "character action" genre but I think its a bit hard to go back to nowadays. The combat is fun but much more simplistic compared to later games in the series (even 3, which was also on the PS2) I suppose it's not fair to fault it for that though as it was the first of its kind.

The camera is another big obstacle for me. It's really annoying in a few rooms throughout the game.

One big plus about the game is the art direction and atmosphere. Sure it's a PS2 game but the environment and character design is still really great even today.

Overall I would say it's worth checking out if you have any interest in this genre or these types of games.

Reviewed on Nov 20, 2019