Reviews

Initially I wasn't the biggest on this game. Characters were too similar. With the base roster, you can learn one combo that works with 95% of the cast that does enough damage to carry you a shockingly far way.
With some of season 1 and most of 2, that is different. The characters are much more unique and require at the very least different inputs. Some require different routes all together.
Not only that but block strings just... feel less prevalent? Maybe I'm just more used to them now but I don't feel like I'm waiting hours just blocking. It still is definitely too long but it's either much better than before or I got used to it.
It feels like more characters can ToD now, which is an interesting thing to me. In concept I hate ToDs, however, that's just what kind of game this is. It's a game where you have to do millions of things per second, mess up once and the opponent realizes, you might just lose a whole member of your party.
Learning more of how the combos work in this game is really fun! I encourage at least watching some tutorials on how to extent combos further than the light auto-combo.
Overall the game turned from one of my least favorite fighters of recent time to a really solid 3v3 combo fighter. Doesn't excuse the TERRIBLE online, but IF you can find a good connection it works well enough.
Solid fighting game for sure!

Reviewed on May 22, 2020

Incredible graphics and fighting, but a ridiculously small number of arenas and the story mode is an awful, awfull grind.

Reviewed on May 03, 2020

This game singlehandedly got all my friends seriously into Dragon Ball. My team was Teen Gohan, Adult Gohan, and SSJ Vegeta. I always heard Teen Gohan was really bad, but I would be able to do big comebacks with him. I wish my friends played this as often as we used to. I hope Goku is doing okay.

Reviewed on Apr 30, 2020

I haven’t played this game a ton, but it deserves good marks for visuals alone. I find the variety of options that the DB moveset (instantaneous transmission, flying/dashing, chi beams, etc) makes for a fast and fun fighting game. Auto-combos are good for fighting game amateurs, but they probably do too much damage given it only requires spamming one buttonz

Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020

by all accounts, this should be one of my favorite games, but i stopped playing the second i jumped online and couldn't get a single combo in. definitely gonna revisit this one sometime tho

Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020

i'd like this more if i watched dragon ball

Reviewed on Apr 15, 2020