holds up unbelievably well even if (at the risk of sounding like a romero fanboy) most of the levels after knee deep are boring

The grand-daddy of all motherfuckers

The gunplay has aged well but I'm not fond at all of Doom's obsession with cluttered maze-like maps. Every stage was 4 minutes of shooting and 16 minutes of crawling around looking for a card key or something

Quizas el FPS mas importante de la historia de los videojuegos.

El Diseño de niveles es tan bueno que uno nunca se aburre recorriendo los pasillos y a su vez no se pierde debido a que si ponemos atencion podemos encontrar la salida.

Visualmente y Musicalmente es una maravilla, en primera porque hay un uso excelente de colores y iluminacion y el otro porque tiene temas a lo heavy metal que resulta muy inmersivo a la hora de juegar

y por ultimo los controles responden muy bien y son divertidos de usar.

una joyita mis panas.

I played it on the easiest difficulty and died on the final boss by walking into lava

fun even if i ragequit halfway through doom 2

This is a certified hood classic.

a game that i was WAY too young to get into, it's 6 years older than me. Still fucking slaps though Which is a good sign for it

I kind of wish I played this when it first came out, as its definitely something I would have enjoyed. Unfortunately it was a bit too dated by the time I got around to it. I love the recent reboots though.

it's pretty amazing how well this game holds up

cracks open Monster™ Energy Drink sips ahhhh... now that was a good video game...

Switch version.

It's a pretty solid port all things considered, but it's lacking on any interesting settings like the Doom 64 port had. A recent update added the ability to download some curated Doom 1 & 2 mods (including the level packs that made up Ultimate Doom and John Romero's Sigil expansion) is pretty dope though.

The original 3 episodes for Doom still rip and tear, but it took me a while to realize I don't PARTICULARLY love the bonus episode Thy Flesh Consumed. The design difference is pretty huge and it really sticks out.

What does one even need to say about this?

Point and shoot monsters in dark and gory labyrinths. Great stuff, still fun to play today with its excellent level designs.

Played Coop with buds on my birthday, best thing ever

It's short if you know what you're doing, but it's a fun classic. It's incredible how such an old game can still hold up perfectly to this day.

It may not have invented first person shooters, but it codified what the genre would come to be, and aside from that DOOM is just a fantastically fun time, as well as blazing a trail of robust mod support which has kept its fan community alive to this very day.

Fine. Doesn't hold up the best without altering the original experience.

Faster than a laser bullet
Louder than an atom bomb
Chromium plated boiling metal
Brighter than a thousand suns