Halo CE was one of the only two Halo games I have played, and funnily enough I don’t have much in the way of nostalgia for this game, and as I have developed my tastes in games, Halo just kinda phased out.

I think Halo CE holds up decently well for the most part. It is an extremely well made game, but I don’t particularly enjoy the gameplay of Halo as much as I used to. Still the setpieces holdup.

In terms of the anniversary edition graphics, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Levels like “Halo” look gorgeous and fully realised while levels like “The flood” completely ruin the atmosphere of the original.

Generally speaking, there's an atmosphere in the original that is lost in the Anniversary, choosing instead to favour overly detailed and glamorous environments, and that kinda sucks.

Nunca fui entusiasta de los FPS clásicos, así que me gusta el gameplay más lento y metódico de Halo, pero tiene problemas notables: escenarios laberínticos/repetitivos y exceso de backtracking. Hay gente que dice que eso era aceptable en 2001, a mí desde ese entonces me molestaba. Además tiene dificultad desequilibrada con los Flood. El remaster tiene una dirección artística mediocre, por suerte puedes jugar con los gráficos originales.

The game that started it all (redone in better visuals.) Out of all of the video games, Halo Combat Evolved is certainly one of them, however in 2001 it was the cornerstone of an ever changing first person shooter genre. Halo jumped into the scene as an atypical shooter, most FPS' at the time were more rooted in non-fiction or were extremely fast paced jump fests (Quake, Unreal Tournament) but what Halo offered at the time was something new that cut itself into the fold. Halo was a science fiction shooter with an emphasis on world building, captivating lore, and a multiplayer that lent itself to organic fun rather than a designed gameplay formula.

Multiplayer LAN's in Halo were some of the most fun I've had in gaming to this day partially due to how unique the maps were for a game at the time and how enjoyable the simple gameplay loop was. Getting an Assault Rifle/Magnum combo to start was awesome, and learning all the weapon spawns through repetitive play felt great. Vehicles in muiltiplayer were great and had not been done to that well of an extent in games previous (on a smaller scale game.) All in all, Halo was the first time that first person shooters simple felt "fun" to me, whether it was split screen combat or playing over the internet, Halo Combat Evolved has a multiplayer of pure "joy" more than hyper competitiveness.

The singleplayer was great for the time as well, however after replaying in 2021 clearly has some flaws due to repetitive zones and occasional unending hallways. Playing through the Library on Legendary is one of the least fun gaming experiences I've had in the past few years. Though I was just negative in those few sentences, I think it's a necessary game to play through especially to see its influence as a cultural powerhouse.