Reviews

10/10 - Masterpiece
CPT: 205 h
BTR: The Trial of the Sword DLC; The Champion's Ballad DLC

Reviewed on Dec 01, 2019

This is one of the few games I could tell as I was playing that it was one of the best video games I had ever played.

Reviewed on Dec 01, 2019

some ideas here can make a masterpiece and i hope they will

Reviewed on Jan 02, 2020

Breath of the Wild was a step in the right direction for the Zelda series. It needed something new, and this game does All it’s new features very well.

Reviewed on Jan 02, 2020

A Masterpiece

Reviewed on Jan 05, 2020

Only Zelda game I've played and it's good

Reviewed on May 06, 2019

Gonna get the grievances out the way first. Game gets monotonous the longer it goes on due to lack of enemy variety, shallow combat, and the lack of diverse and worthwhile weapon/item drops found throughout the world. Too much time spent navigating through menus. Story is disappointing; voice acting is bad. Performance is ass. That being said, the world itself and exploring it is amazing, especially the first few hours. Its not better than TW3 in all areas, just the important ones

Reviewed on Sep 05, 2019

Juego piola pero largo, y al chile no le veo razon para volverlo a jugar

Reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

a game that it did not feel Nintendo was capable of making

Reviewed on Feb 05, 2020

For me it's like, BotW's dungeons aren't as good as other Zelda dungeons (and I'm long tired of Zelda dungeons), combat's not as good as Soulsborne's, monsters aren't as fun to hunt or fight as Monster Hunter's, riding across the big ruined countryside lacks the emotional weight of the same exact thing in Shadow of the Colossus (though BotW's terrain climbing is better), narrative rewards for exploration don't compare to Morrowind's, and bokoblin base raids sure as hell don't hold a candle up to Far Cry's. Doesn't help to have played it pretty close on the heels of Witcher 3, whose world I found way more gratifying to nook-and-cranny.

On the other hand it's a grab bag of features from a bunch of my favorite games, so even if it's a weaker version of all those features it's still got some scale appeal. I did enjoy a lot of the shrine puzzles. I'm hopeful the sequel will Majora's Mask the hell out of it and draw me in more with the story and character stuff.

The biggest chunk of fun I got out of BotW was watching all the crazy shit the people who love it get up to on streams and videos.

Reviewed on Dec 01, 2019

A masterpiece! I consider this my comfort game, one I know I can go back into at any time and just relax. from the gorgeous scenery to the interesting characters and villages they inhabit... this game is a world-building wet-dream! I would highly recommend it to anyone who is fine with a tough game that has a large amount of content to unravel.

Reviewed on Jan 06, 2020

Easily one of the best games I have ever played and a great 3D Zelda entry. This is the first game where cooking was actually beneficial. Only request would be larger dungeons like those in Ocarina of Time, though the small shrines were fun.

Reviewed on Feb 17, 2020