Reviews

Fantástica construção de mundo, narrativa crua e realista e possui personagens bem escritos.

Reviewed on Aug 12, 2020

never forget that this game was made with horrific crunch

Reviewed on Aug 12, 2020

This is the kind of game that defines generations. The world is vast and expansive, and more full of life than most games have even attempted. I never touched the witcher franchise before this game, but playing this absolutely sucked me in. The lore is deep, the themes are thought-provoking, the characters are endearing, the main story is emotional and you can feel the stakes constantly rising. The game makes you understand the importance of Geralt’s mission, and by extension yours.

Geralt/you are constantly faced with choices that change character’s lives, often even deciding fates and you’ll find yourself caring about how you impact them, and how Geralt is seen by people and what you do for that world. It’s an adventure in every sense of the word, one that will make you feel a variety of emotions and take you to unforgettable places, and interact with fleshed-out and unique characters, major and minor alike.

Just go play the damn game already lol

Reviewed on Aug 10, 2020

one of my absolute favorite RPGs of all time.

Reviewed on Aug 10, 2020

i like how i cried the entire time

Reviewed on Aug 08, 2020

This is my choice for game of the generation for the reasons below:
* It is an overall package that offers high quality throughout its gaming experience.
* Two top tier expansions.
* Great and memorable soundtrack.
* Gorgeous art direction that still look good.
* Sold very well.
* Single player game with no online components whatsoever that is still being talked about daily.
* It inspired a TV-Show because of its success.
* Huge cult following and is constantly being compared to every new big release, so its some kind of a gold standard for open world games.
* Holds high ratings and numerous gaming awards universally.
* Available on every gaming platform with good support.

This single game made a small developer like CD Projekt Red into what it is today, this game was an industry changer and i can easily see its influence in todays open world games and im sure it will influence future open world games as well.

Reviewed on Aug 07, 2020

this is a 7 and its ok

Reviewed on Aug 06, 2020

Played this game for the first time on the Nintendo Switch lmao. It's actually a fantastic port, if you don't mind the visual downgrades that is. It's such a great game though that it didn't matter to me.

Reviewed on Aug 06, 2020

watched my sister play. it looked boring

Reviewed on Aug 03, 2020

The game where the first stranger you meet is Ringo Starr.

Reviewed on Aug 03, 2020

Fun enough for a lot of it, but it's still just a Map Game, and good God the music is unbearable.

Reviewed on Jul 31, 2020

Le daría 5 estrellas pero tiene un huevo de cosas que están de mas y esta llenisimo de bugs que afectan directamente a la jugabilidad y por tanto no puedes dejar pasar

Reviewed on Jul 30, 2020

The open world in this easily the I've experienced. It's so rich and alive and invokes your sense of adventure. Every main and side mission is engaging. This is the new standard all game devs should aim for when making open world games.

Reviewed on Jul 29, 2020

Igual me lo rejuego

Reviewed on Jul 27, 2020

This is a freakin immaculate RPG. Everything about it feels so lovingly crafted. I'm mainly just glad this game gets so much praise so that Todd Howard might take note of it.

Reviewed on Jul 26, 2020

I can see why others enjoy this game, but's not for me. I found the combat frustrating and the setting too grim and serious for my tastes.

My favorite RPG.

Reviewed on Jul 19, 2020

This is indeed a good game. The plot while basic is very strong in the character department. The wild hunt as villians are meh but serviceable. Geralt is a great protagonist and his relationships are all very interesting to watch unfold. The music is fantastic and sound design is all around pretty decent. The world of the witcher is a fun one to dive into but the exploration of it is either really fun or really frustrating and annoying. Level gating and the mini map need to go and die. The gameplay is quite average overall, the combat is serviceable but its quite shallow and either too easy or too hard. Geralt also feels too floaty to control, he doesn’t have that weighty feel that he should. Overall i think its a pretty solid game thats carried by its great writing.

Reviewed on Jul 19, 2020

There's more well written side quests in this game than you can find in basically any other WRPG, I feel, but in exchange the game traded away its main plot. The titular Wild Hunt, unfortunately, just completely suck as villains and just come across as tonally deaf Bad Guys, and Ciri is just... A Videogame Character. The game shines as a collective of short stories within the witcher universe than anything else.

The expansions are sick though.

Reviewed on Jul 19, 2020

Story and sidequests are great you truly feel like a wild guy in a hunt, but what the fuck are these animation based controls and why do they suck so much

Reviewed on Jul 18, 2020

Atmosphere & Immersion: 5/5

Reviewed on Jul 10, 2020

Best RPG ever ;D

Reviewed on Jul 07, 2020

lindo perfeito sem defeito amo

Reviewed on Jul 07, 2020

Probably the best RPG of the modern day.

Reviewed on Jul 04, 2020

a fun game with great characters and average combat. i really like the setting and the side quests make the world very immersive and interesting.

Reviewed on Jun 29, 2020

Gameplay, story, graphics, one of my all time favorites.

Reviewed on Jun 29, 2020

Boring as shit, wonky ass gameplay, repetitive side quests >monster is given, go to area, activate witcher senses in area, kill monster.
shit combat, glitchy, overrated, liked by the same people that like Marvel movies and browse reddit.

Reviewed on Jun 28, 2020

damn you're ugly

Reviewed on Jun 28, 2020

Foda, seria meio redundante escrever uma análise explicando o pq de eu achar esse jogo tão perfeito sendo que tem tanta gente que já fez isso, no mais só posso dizer: CD Projekt me coma.

Reviewed on Jun 27, 2020

One of the best written games ever, the sidequests are some of the best in gaming history and it's dlc's match up to the main game

However the combat isn't perfect but it's still enjoyable

Reviewed on Jun 26, 2020

I had fun with the time i played it, but found the combat and controls to be way too wavy and loose for me. The mechanic of witcher vision also tricks the player into thinking they are finding things when it's really a glorified waypoint system. Maybe I will return to this later on when I have the patience for it

Reviewed on Jun 25, 2020

Great atmosphere 10/10 Game plus all the DLC

Reviewed on Jun 20, 2020

I spent 24 hours waiting for the story to live up to everything people were saying it would be. It never did. This was the most aggravatingly written thing I've ever tried to play. The combat was okay so it gets a whole half a star.

Reviewed on Jun 20, 2020

The writing is expansive, with the side quests having just as much weight as the main story. The music incorporates all kinds of classic European styles. The game is capital G gorgeous. The combat, however, is dull and never goes deeper than "which sword should I use?"

Reviewed on Jun 18, 2020

One of my favourite games and a must play.

Reviewed on Jun 18, 2020

One-time adventure.

Reviewed on Jun 14, 2020

The main game was great but the expansion pack made the gane fantastic. The graphics in Toussaint were *chefs kiss*.

Reviewed on Jun 13, 2020

Hot take I know, I did drop 70 hours into it I just didn't enjoy much of it. I'll go back and retry it one day, maybe just wasn't in the right mood when I played it.

Reviewed on Jun 09, 2020

Near perfect, with a little bit of clunk and a slowness to hook the player in 5th-10th hours, still an absolute standout title that should make anyone's best games list.

Reviewed on May 31, 2020

the story went off

Reviewed on May 26, 2020

Want to get back to this after I read more of the books.

Reviewed on May 24, 2020

Best game ever made. The story, world, everything...I haven't loved a game this much in so so long, and I fear I never will again. There's so much to say, but nothing more important than declaring it a masterpiece. Add in two DLCs that are better than many full games, and it's a perfect experience.

Reviewed on May 03, 2020

I beat the game, but I'm not done with it, you feel me?

Reviewed on May 03, 2020

Wow

Reviewed on May 01, 2020

I played most of the main story right before my first kid was born. Then she was born early, and I never got to finish it. Fast forward 2 years and I still haven't touched my save. Good game though.

Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020

i have a very strong emotional attachment to this game because i played over 700 hours of it while dating my now-fiancee/recovering from surgery

Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020

Instead of going on about an endless triage of gushing about the phenomenal main quest, just as spectacular side quests, and all the other things that make this the best RPG I've played to date, I'm just going to simply say that this is a must-play title, and it's endlessly rewarding. Spent a total of 68 hours in my run of the game (still have contracts and some side quests to do, let alone the gigantic expansion packs), and it was a blissful 68 hours at that.

Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020

awesome game, sadly back to come back to. Had it gather dust in my steam account for a while but could never get back to it. Have not finished the game but have finished Hearts of Stone, and it was incredible. Really wish to get back to it once again.

Reviewed on Apr 27, 2020

Rightfully hailed as the RPG of the decade, Witcher 3 is nonetheless not a flawless ride. The visuals are splendid and the musical atmosphere has that distinct Slavic identity, but the controls are really janky and there is just too much content - superfluous Skellige seems to be there only to bloat an already gargantuan game. Also the main plot is all over the place, which makes for terrible pacing and many unnecessary twists. Because of this, and despite how memorable it is, Witcher 3 does not deserve a perfect score.

Reviewed on Apr 27, 2020

Let it be on record that CD Projekt Red is a master at worldbuilding and narrative prose, which oozes out of every nook and cranny from White Orchard to Toussaint. That said they are probably too tied to the craft of making a genuine true-to-Geralt game that they intentionally cut down design decisions that would actually make the gameplay good.

Narratively, Witcher 3 stands atop very well if not completely amazing. The first Act of the story is decently well paced although the bits before Velen were uninteresting save for some bits of the fanservice to bookreaders that wasn't really enough to tide me over, but overall it's remarkably well written from the quest-tied sidequests to the entire arcs relegated to Novigrad and Skellige. The second Act is phenomenal, with one particular quest that is probably my favorite of the game because it also ties in the gameplay decently too. The third act however is a crock of utter shit and it's clear that the finale was a rushed first draft which is a real shame. But despite this, the cavalcade of great well fleshed out characters and remarkably well done prose left me more than satisfied upon finishing.

Gameplay wise, other than the strong world and map design it falls completely on its face. Combat ranges from Quen to win to potion knowledge tests that are not interesting to concoct or plan around. There are a few exceptions but generally the combat is so restrictive and asinine to pull off and especially with how often you do it that it brings the whole game down terribly. A major sticking point I'll throw as evidence against it is that you have no freedom over which animation Geralt uses when attacking any enemy. It's a clear attempt to make Geralt play out his movements in the book but because you're so restricted to any random particular animation you get near enemies, combat on higher difficulties requires you to play so utterly safe and in such an uninteresting way and on lower difficulties is not satisfying at all as it becomes pure mashing. There's no sweet spot to be had here.

A couple bullet points of the DLC to add onto this before concluding:

Hearts of Stone has the best narrative storytelling especially with the quest within the world of the painting. It also has combat encounters that require a bit more thinking and leaves this DLC particularly in a fantastic corner.

Blood and Wine is 2 parts fantastic characterization and worldbuilding and one part a garbage final act that ends up actually worse than TW3 base's final act. It's still phenomenal overall due to the highs it gets to but what an absolute disappointment in the end.

Overall I find Witcher 3 to be a very good game, and I hope CD Projekt Red learns from their mistakes with Cyberpunk to actually make the gameplay part good instead of just their writing team. (7.5/10)

Reviewed on Apr 19, 2020

It is an all right RPG with some great story moments. Unfortunately dull gameplay brings everything down.

Reviewed on Apr 07, 2020

LONG REVIEW (Covers main game + both expansions)
This game is overrated! is probably what your thoughts will be as a person who straight jumped into the 3rd Witcher game, it’s a massive game, and your opinion about it would count after at least 30 hours which is almost the time to play a new game, those who feel overwhelmed by it and found it tedious will probably not wait for ~30 hours to decide. Which is unfortunate, as its only after about 30 hours that this game progresses from something that is tedious/slow/overwhelming to come show itself to be one of the most polished deep video games that's been made to date. And when I say deep I don’t meant it to be very abstract in its writing, or bombarding the player with themes and theories that they couldn’t have up with, in fact there is nothing very deep or unexpected in it. What it has however is a sense of scale that is unsurpassed in any video game I've ever played.
The Witcher 3 continues the story of Geralt of Rivia, a known monster slayer aka Witcher who …you guessed it ..kills monster! After the events of the Witcher 1 & 2 Geralt has restored his memory and now he is searching for his former partner Yennefer of Vengerberg, Geralt with Yennefer have to look for Ciri who is constantly on run and is being chased by the "Wild Hunt"
The story starts slow as Geralt wants to find Ciri his adopted daughter, the game just like its prequels consists of prologue, acts, epilogue, the prologue starts with a tutorial area called White Orchard which teaches the player about the game and introduces them to its basics, it is this part that is slow and tedious because the game didn’t kick in yet, the game continues with act 1 main goal which is to find Ciri, the story may seem very simple as you have to look for a character but inside the journey Geralt will meet very complex characters and the main quests start going branching paths to side quests who are among the greatest side quests ever written in gaming. The game continues with ACT 2 and takes into the epic battle genre this time, in this act the game has lord of the rings vibes, an epic battle, which then continues on its epic scale into ACT 3, until the epilogue which can vary depending on the player decisions in the game. No matter what ending the player gets it always has something great and emotional behind it.
The story doesn’t end there, after the main game CD project RED introduces an expansion (Hearts of Stone) which is a short story expansion that blew my mind at how smartly written and engaging it is, the expansions introduces one of the most cunning and mysterious villains in history of gaming, and another equally amazing character. Unlike the main game in terms of side quests the quantity is very low, as the main focus here was to tell the short story in the main quest. The expansion also added some of the best boss fights in the whole series, boss fights that were a huge step up from the main game, requiring more mechanics to beat and having more advanced pattern.
The story progresses afterwards to reach the second expansion (Blood and Wine) which marks the end of Geralt journey, in my opinion an expansion one of its kind, very huge area that is also very beautiful, contains some of my favorite characters in the series, the expansion starts as a murder mystery then progresses into something fairytale-like that is full of neat references to famous books and finishes with one of the most memorable boss fights I have ever had in gaming.

It has to be noticed I have not mentioned the other aspects of the game, which I will cover in short. The Gameplay itself is very good, and while the combat and controls may feel clunky at first it won't take much time to get used to them, which afterwards Geralt feels like a dancing swordsman which is what he really is (according to the books and the lore). The combat itself is fairly basic and limited (again because of the lore) and contains light/heavy attack and dodge(side-step)/Roll buttons as well as having signs (mini-magic) it has similarities to Batman combat system, however I find the combat to start getting more advanced and having more depth once the players starts going with alchemy (bombs-oils-decoctions-potions) which basically adds new abilities to the gameplay, on higher difficulties the player needs to take advantage of monsters, read about their weakness and use the Witcher tools to overcome the challenge, the gameplay progresses by increasing levels and unlocking more skills to make various builds and especially around the second expansions it adds another layer to it by adding something called mutations. There are a lot of monsters and each has interesting ideas and design behind them. The dialogue choices are impactful and then there is one of my favorite mini games ever made called Gwent, a tactical card game that is really enjoyable, I sunk many hours into it while forgetting about the quests that im doing.

The Music is Slavic inspired and feels folklorish, its simple music most of the time, not an orchestra type of music, its simple and has as Geralt says "Nice Tune" it contains many memorable soundtracks.
The voice acting is greatly done as well, there is a difference in accents between regions which strongly showcase the different cultures the game tries to portray.

The art direction is simply breathtaking, the game is very screenshot worthy, to understand this point simply go to any thread on the internet and check for Witcher 3 shots, preferably on PC high settings and the amount of details and beautiful art design is mindblowing. It looks amazing.

The character cast is among my favorite, they have great distinct personalities, they have good development and backstory counting the previous games as well, some of the most complex and well written characters in gaming are presented in Witcher series, memorable cast with beautiful design and nice personality. You may notice most characters are not really good and not really bad, its shades of gray as in Witcher world there is no absolute evil or good.

In-Conclusion the game is open world story driven rpg, the main draw behind the game is its worldbuilding and writing which has main & side quests and characters. The game has the other good aspects as well, but if you are into open world story driven rpg games I cannot recommend this one enough, it is a must play game and is truly among the greatest games of all time, its recommended that you at least be familiar with the prequels Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 at least, to further understand the story better and enhance your experience and immersion.

Thank you for Reading! If you liked what i wrote give it a heart so it can pump upwards :)

Reviewed on Feb 10, 2020

I used to love spend hours in the world of Skyrim. The Witcher 3 brought this same feeling back ❤️

Reviewed on Feb 05, 2020

Melhor RPG já feito

Reviewed on Jan 20, 2020

No star rating on this because I have abandoned it. I am interested in the story, but the controls, combat system, UI, and very intense micromanaged RPG system is a prohibitive barrier to me. I want to experience an RPG fantasy saga, not have to wonder why my sword has swung through the air instead of the drowner's torso.

Reviewed on Jan 05, 2020

amazing npcs

Reviewed on Jan 02, 2020

Just fine. Fulfilled my desire to have a big world with a big task list, but the story was so-so. And boy am I tired of hearing people spit.

Reviewed on Dec 09, 2019

Close to a 5-star, but the combat holds it back. Not just how basic it is (spam Dodge & abuse Quen), but the lack of variety as well, especially in human opponents. For how long the game is, they really should've saved more monsters for later areas. By Lv 20, the game has nothing further to offer in challenge, save DLC. TW3 truly excels in the exploration and freedom offered, as those first hours in Velen & Novigrad were godly. But overall, TW 1-3 are all dope.

Reviewed on Sep 10, 2019

Such an overrated game.
The graphics are pretty great.
Controls are pretty clunky sometimes.
Dialogue and story is just really uninteresting to me. Lore feels like generic fantasy mixed with European folklore. Nothing really original or inventive.
Combat is literally just dodging and using Quen.
Character customization is extremely limited.
Development of different professions is cut off super early and then doesn't even get expanded in later expansions.
No reason to collect anything. Just a bunch of random items that have nothing to them.

On the surface, it's a great game, but once you think about it there's nothing really to it. It's a big game that kind of falls over itself.

Reviewed on Jun 02, 2019

One of the most interesting RPGs ever made.

Reviewed on Mar 28, 2019