A massive step up from Yakuza 3 and easily a much bigger title than before (before Yakuza 5 would shit on this game and double its size).

The story may feel a bit wonky in some areas, but overall, it's still a really solid game and one I can recommend to anybody.

Honest to god, Donkey Kong Country 2 is what I, personally, consider to be the peak of platforming.

The terrific level design, the animal buddies (and how they're implemented this time around), the godly soundtrack (God Bless David Wise!!!), the gameplay, etc.

There's so much here that makes it amazing, and it's a game everybody should pick up and play.

Honest to God, despite jumping into this after playing Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 2, I just found this one to be very underwhelming as an entry.

The combat was fine, even though it's not as fleshed out as future entries, but the side content and the story (especially) were very underwhelming.

Sucks 'cuz Yakuza 3 had an amazing villain, Mine, that was arguably just as good, if not better than Ryuji Goda from Yakuza 2, but Mine was put into a plot that barely had any room for him.

Despite this, though, I do think everyone should at least experience this game once.

One of the best platformers I have ever played and my favorite Mega Man game by far.

It has some of the best level design the franchise has seen yet, amazing gameplay that flows incredibly well with the game, a fantastic soundtrack that really showcases what the SPC700 (SNES soundchip) is capable of, outstanding visuals, and a great story.

Even if you've never played a Mega Man game before, you should definitely pick this up!!!

Super Mario Bros. 1 is honestly a really great game. Probs my 2nd favorite in the SMB quadrilogy, despite it not having much in terms of variety, its graphics being very aged (although charming to some of us). I've mostly played the All-Stars version the other three games, but I did end up playing the NES version of this game just as much as the SNES one.

This game isn't too long, which is great for a game that doesn't have a save feature, and levels feel properly length. Even with Mario's very heavy movement, the game is very much designed around that and rarely did I ever feel like the game punished me for something that was out of my control.

My only actual gripes are the fortress levels that force you to guess a path to progress (it's just tedious) and the repeated athletic stages (except bullet bills come across the screen... ooooooh scary!! -_-).

My other gripe (that isn't really anything against the game itself, but rather Nintendo) is that Nintendo seems to give this game way way way too much attention compared to other 2D Mario games. Seriously, play any NSMB game past DS and count the amount of SMB1 references in those games. I mean, hell, even every underground stage after Mario Land 2 would just be some variation of the SMB1 underground theme and nothing new or unique. It wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the fact that I hardly see any other 2D Mario game get as much attention as SMB1. I mean, when was the last time Nintendo mentioned Super Mario Land 2? I can understand why some people might hold a grudge against this game, because it's become an excuse for Nintendo to be lazy and pander nostalgia like it's nobody's business.

But other than that, this is still a really great game on its own, and what I said about Nintendo milking this game to death doesn't affect the quality of this game.

Super Mario USA is really weird for me. It used to be a game I loved the most out of the first three games because of its unique gameplay, but as the years went on, I started seeing more and more flaws that makes this my least favorite game in the SMB quadrilogy.

Levels can drag on for too long and setpieces tend. Some levels can also be tedious, such as World 6-1, which forces you to search inside 20+ vases in order to find the key to progress, or another example being any desert underground section that forces you to dig below, which is long and boring (this is one of the few reasons why Toad is my main in this game). Sometimes, stage themes can get really repetitive like the usage of two desert worlds.

Enemy & stage hazard placement can also be pretty devious for first time players, such as snifits sniping you once you enter a new room, or falling into a pit of unseen spikes.

You can give the excuse that it's because it's not a Mario game and a reskin of Doki Doki Panic, but I ain't falling for that. Nintendo brought it over to the United States as a Mario game, and I will review it as such.

It's not a bad game by any means, but I've heard people say this game is overlooked or underrated, and I don't see how that is. If anything, the Super Mario Land games are more underrated and underappreciated than SMB2.

It's a solid entry in the series, but the big thing I see in this game is its variety compared to SMB1. There's a lot more enemies, a lot more levels, a lot more items, etc.

But variety doesn't automatically make a game better in my book, and I think what SMB3 does well in adding variety to the table, fails to execute most of the ideas in interesting ways. Some ideas are undercooked, for example, the kuribo boot, which is only used in one level, and even some of the enemy placement feels a bit cheep.

The level design feels all over the place in terms of difficulty. I found some of the levels to either be too easy (and short) or way too difficult or tedious. I especially found World 4 to be the 2nd easiest world in the game compared to 2 & 3, and World 7 was easier than World 6.

World 8, especially, has a massive difficulty spike that doesn't feel fair for first time players first experiencing the world. You could make the excuse that it's supposed to be hard 'cuz it's the last world in the game, but levels ask too much of the player, requiring them to deal with obstacles you never experienced early on, and the mid-fortress... my god. It has to be one of the most frustrating levels I've ever experienced in a 2D Mario game. It's maze-like, which doesn't work well with the fact that this game has a timer for each stage.

Despite mosty being really negative to this game, I don't want to write it off as a bad game. It's still fine for what it is and is definitely better than SMB2, but I personally fail to put this above SMW or even SMB1, which despite being a game with very less variety, still manages to be an exceptional platformer that works around the controls and has a proper difficulty curve, even if the game has a more arcade-like structure to it.

Probably one of the best and most unique platformers ever made. I could be biased here given this is a game that I hold very close and is a big part of who I am. It was the first video game I ever played, and 20 years later, I'm heavily involved in the SMW romhacking community.

But even analyzing this game without some rose-tinted goggles on, there's a reason why this game still holds up 30 years later, why many have considered it the peak of Mario games, and why it's the game that defined the Super Nintendo.

The emphasis on secret exits gives this game a more open "Metroidvania-like" experience where you're not only going from point A to point B, but you're exploring the levels (with a red dot on the map) to find a point C that leads.

Other 2D Mario games in the future would include secret exits in their levels, but they weren't like how SMW handled them. They mostly just either opened up a new level that'd lead back to the regular path or were just a shortcut.

The only real issues with this game are the bosses (because they're borderline easy), and powerup balancing (the cape can break some of the game's challenge), but those are the only two I can really think of compared to the many great things this game has to offer.

It is a game that I think everybody should experience at least once and one I'm sure both newcomers and veterans can enjoy.