53 s over 35 Reviews

For a game that only improved on the first, it just didn't catch me the same way.

Reviewed on Aug 06, 2020

I typically don't care for these type of games but the Minecraft-y aesthetic drew me into this one. But yeah everything is a bit too simple and the maps often feel empty with dead-ends not leading to any special loot or anything. Still fun enough to finish though I suppose.

Reviewed on Jul 04, 2020

With this being my first Metal Gear game I was very confused by everything from the story to the length.

Reviewed on Jun 30, 2020

As a fan of the actual movie and the earlier Star Wars Lego games, I just don't think I enjoy these types of games anymore. Probably because they're meant for kids but either way they don't hold my interest for long.

Reviewed on Jun 30, 2020

Pretty shallow in content with only 5 real missions and the rest being generated content based on mission types. It's certainly still fun with other people and VR does give it that extra immersion layer but I just wish there was more of everything.

I'd only recommend getting on a deep sale.

Reviewed on May 21, 2020

Just about everything about this is perfect, gameplay, visuals, audio, story; it's all there! There's nothing like a feeling where I actually have to duck behind cover to avoid getting shot (real life excluded). I guess if there was one thing missing, it would be melee combat but it wasn't a huge deal.

Was going to give a 4.5, but it's the first VR game that feels like a full, complete package and I love the Half-Life universe so 5/5.

Reviewed on May 13, 2020

I didn't think Doom could get any better than 2016 but this proves otherwise. At first I didn't really like the more limited ammo but as I got more weapons and realized the chainsaw slowly reloads, I ended up really enjoying the strategy of it all.

Also I know a lot of people don't care for the 'story' in these kind of games but I welcome the cutscenes, set pieces, and other narrative additions. It really makes you feel like an unstoppable force.

But yeah with more enemies, locations, and weapons you can't go wrong with Doom: Eternal (except the Marauders, screw those guys)

Reviewed on Mar 29, 2020

It's not a bad co-op puzzle game when the levels are good. But that seems to only happen about half of the time. Things either move unpredictably, kill you unpredictably, or the camera is too far away where you can't tell the depth of the levels, which then kills you from falling.

If you can play it on something like gamepass, it's worth at least checking out if you're looking for a couch co-op game. Otherwise I couldn't recommend it.

Reviewed on Mar 13, 2020

I could not get enough of that Luigi's Mansion minigame.

Reviewed on Feb 11, 2020

Haven't completely finished it yet, but man this game was a let down. The gameplay was barely there, the story is meh, and the acting is a bit weird at times.

Reviewed on Dec 30, 2019