135 s over 48 Reviews

Sony's take on a Mario 3D World-like game leaves a bit to be desired. Sackboy moves too slow and sluggish where it feels like a chore getting through some of the levels. Then other levels can make it really difficult to see the depth of Sackboy leading to a lot of frustrating restarts. The worlds themselves are at least pretty unique and the visuals are nice as everything is made out of craft materials, all running at a smooth 60fps. Music wasn't my favorite, the use of pop songs felt a bit strange in a game like this but it was neat how the level was synced to the music.

Overall it's an alright 3D platformer.

To be fair this was my first Paper Mario game.

Made it to the 2nd to last mission but stopped playing due to how tedious it got towards the end. That was over 5 years ago so I'm just going to call it abandoned at this point.

What I did play though was very aesthetically pleasing and a fun game to play with others watching. The limited toolset and hiding mechanics really made for an intense experience. One that I'm usually not a fan of but the Alien universe made it worth it. The length could've been a bit shorter in my opinion but overall a good game.

I was impressed by the amount of content this game included. Yeah it's a tech demo but a really polished one at that. It's also an interactive PlayStation history book and even though I haven't had a PlayStation for most of my life, I was still able to appreciate many of the easter eggs / tidbits that were included throughout.

I'm also a sucker for 3D platformers so this was a great inclusion with the console.

This is my second playthrough, one that immediately followed a replay of the original Bioshock instead of the opposite when I first played Infinite.

I now see why people have come back and taken their 10/10 ratings away. Gameplay-wise the game feels like so much of stepdown from the more sandbox-like world of Rapture. The risk vs reward hacking, a lot more plasmids, the camera system, and so on are missing. Even with something as not having physics on objects takes away from that feeling.

It's obvious that Irrational Games had more planned for the game from all the demos and trailers that appeared years before release so it's sad to see so much cut.

But it keeps a pretty great story within it's more linear gameplay. When I first played the game back on release, it blew my mind. Although I see more plot holes now than before, I still really enjoyed the concept of Columbia. It's such a unique setting and could only make sense in the Bioshock universe.

While the game itself is much more polished than the first, the star ranking is a lot more forgiving so it's not as challenging.

The levels are more unique gameplay wise, but I do wish there were more variation in style. The recipes this time around do add some interesting mechanics as well. Also throwing items is definitely a big plus!

Still ends up being a fun co-op game to play through.

My first time with Animal Crossing was enjoyable but it didn't keep me hooked for more than a few months (which is still pretty good). Being able to build your own island can be addicting especially with the need to earn more bells.

I just wish Nintendo didn't make really arbitrary decisions like 1 island per console / having you confirm every little action. Also I hate how there isn't a better way to place buildings other than guessing. All smaller things but they build up.

Otherwise the game looks great, sounds great, and is a pretty relaxing time sink.

Pretty great game that is hindered by a bad PC port and a bit too long length.

Pretty much everything except for gameplay is really well done here. The visuals, music, and writing are all really good for a Paper Mario game. I just couldn't be bothered with the ring mechanic especially without any incentive to do so. Then the whole 4 elements parts felt out of place and forced, always leading to an expected dungeon then an expected boss fight. The last act of the game is where it really stood out since that typical pattern was absent.

I can't write a review without mentioning how strangely sad this game was. Maybe it's because I expected nothing but the usual Mario-esque story but both Bobby and the ending actually felt sad ;(

Also for context this is coming from someone who has still yet to play the first two Paper Mario games.

An overall fine addition to the collection of modern 3D platforms. This one felt especially polished compared to others but the lack of difficulty made it a struggle to finish. I'd recommend trying it out if you have Game Pass.

I was a big fan of the first one, and even more so of this one. While these types games are great at making you feel powerful, they also tend to lose their fun once you make it far enough.

I'll probably still play now and again, especially with the upcoming content update. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed the 1st or like rouge-likes in general!

Definitely played enough by now to justify a rating. I was a sucker for Sims 3 and 2, would always switch between them just because I liked how each one played.

As for 4, the upgrade in graphics are nice and the quality of life improvements are pretty good by 2020 but the lack of an open world killed it for me from the start. It's still an enjoyable game if you like Sims but I think I'd prefer 3 even if it runs at 10fps.

In my opinion, this is the best pack of them all. Quiplash is a classic, Trivia Murder Party is a fun version of trivia with minigames, and TKO is always fun to draw and pair.

I'm not a fan of Fakin It since I suck at it. Pretty good overall!

For a game that only improved on the first, it just didn't catch me the same way.

I typically don't care for these type of games but the Minecraft-y aesthetic drew me into this one. But yeah everything is a bit too simple and the maps often feel empty with dead-ends not leading to any special loot or anything. Still fun enough to finish though I suppose.