Kirby and the Forgotten Land is essentially an iteration on Super Mario 3D World of all things. It's an inspired choice but it pays off well because the franchise and gameplay changes suit the wider levels more. General gameplay is largely a refinement on what you'd want from Kirby but the switch to 3D allows for new secret design, and there's a lot of secrets to find and
conditions to satisfy to collect all the waddle deez.

The game's pretty hefty to 100%, my gameplay clocked in at just over 22 hours and it's probably the easiest Kirby game to 100% because the game's true arena equivalent can be cheesed with a well spent 600 coins and a specific thing you get later on. It's a Kirby game so it's generally a fun breeze through, outside of the true arena optional power based challenges can be difficult when opting to go for the target times or at least simple but with tight time requirements.

Ultimately gameplay is good but the Kirby charm is what matters and when you fully complete the Waddle Dee town and all your waddle homies are chilling out, eating food, playing music it Feels Good and that's what I want from this franchise so who cares don't read this review or any reviews from this account they're too long they ramble about nothing I got Ds in High School English what year is it I'm going to bed bye

A solid follow-up to the already fantastic first game. It's by and large more of the same but that's all it really needed to be. Main problems are unless you're shoving your face 5 inches from the screen the game is just too damn dark even on it's highest brightness setting which causes a lot of puzzles and movement to become more obnoxious than they should be. Also the school level stinks and it sucks more because every other level is fantastic. Overall, there's some good spooky times up in this bitch.

A simple button-mashy top down affair elevated by the achievement desigh, which urges you to explore the world and well as your powerset so that you can make the numbers go up and wreak havoc with random builds from different classes that create hellish synchronicity. Everything else, from art, writing and music are pretty good and I don't really have complaints. Not my favourite Drinkbox affair but a solid time regardless.

Look at me my will is waning
From three hours of renovating (one home)
Now I've had too much House Flipper
Na na na na

a fun dumb game that, while simple, throws enough weird dumb gimmicks at you that it won't get old by the time its done

didn't think the game needed an 'eversion' gimmick but the uh factory/testing part of Lab 00 reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxhZuYMlNRQ

Lord Roombo runs around his fuckin house that he can control a bit so he can shoot knives at delinquents and drop ceiling fans on ne'er-do-wells.

It's an easy plat if you give a shit, and you get a free pat on the back from the developers when they thank you in the title cards. Everybody wins!

My first impressions of this game weren't too positive. Don't get me wrong, it looks good and plays well, but for the first two worlds the game feels less like an original IP and more like a Donkey Kong Country 2 romhack with a fresh coat of paint. The back half of the game still feels that way, with plenty of level gimmicks still straight from DKC, however the level design gets a lot better and the game becomes more enjoyable as a result.

The whole wild masks gimmick is a bit underwhelming. They're just powerups you get in levels designed for them and you have them for the rest of whatever level you get them in. Powers range from something you should have anyways (Shark), to something you get so they can do more DKC gimmick levels (Bird, Lizard), to something that sucks (Tiger).

Besides these gripes, it's a breezy game to 100% if you're seasoned at these games, they do end up making the most out of the gimmicks, (the lizard autoscroller with the corn is excellent) and the boss fights are better than most DKC games. Also if you're going to do time trials in your videogame, have a gimmick. Just running through the levels to beat a lenient timer makes what should be a fun challenge into busywork for some measly percentage points.

Still completely baffled that a quaint indie game about taking your hammer to walls for a bit so you can put up posters of various images from your My Pictures folder got a deal with Home and Garden Television, which is more of the base game but with funny choices.

Also maybe "quaint indie game" is not the best way to describe House Flipper considering this is the third expansion of four released expansions with two in development (at press time). Oh well, I'm gonna keep coming back to this so I can put up posters of Wario lying down and a frame from The Critic where Orson Welles gets distorted and widened by a CRT TV shutting off into peoples homes with no consent.

Rayman Legends is a fun game to play and revisit. Due to the fact that I spent this spring not only fully completing Origins again but also doing the challenge mode trophies on PS3 most of the shit I found annoying on my initial run through the game nearly a decade ago aren't as painful now. Not that they still aren't gripes, just that I've played these games too much for them to register.

Obviously the funniest part about this game is the fact that it was slated to be a Wii U exclusive releasing in its launch window, only for the game to be delayed and ported to other platforms due to the Wii U failing miserably. This means there's a bunch of random content that doesn't make sense outside of that context, notably the Origins levels were probably there for casual players who didn't play it to get a taste of that game. The best unintended part of this is Murphy, a large game mechanic that was made for the Wii U's gamepad that had to be adapted for other consoles. While co-op takes a hit, Murphy plays better when not controlled by the gamepad because controlling Murphy and yourself is more interesting than chaperoning an AI that has less control over the player character than you.

The major addition to this game from this delay were the invaded levels. Small levels designed to be beaten in less than 40 seconds that provide an optional challenge that are generally more difficult than standard levels. I think Legends' level design is great on the whole but the Invaded levels are definitely the game's highlight. If you loved Origin's Land of the Livid Dead level you'll like these levels.

Besides all that the music levels are great including the 8 bit levels that are designed to be memorized so you can play to the music, Kung Foot is good fun and the grind for Awesomeness 11 is dumb fuckin shit. Overall game great and Aurora is the best warrior princess.

About as good as a 2D zelda game based on a siivagunner meme is gonna get

Super Auto Pets is a decent enough auto battle thing where you shove your turtle in front of a chicken and start slapping each other in front of your extended family.

While I do enjoy the lessened complexity vs other auto battlers, it loses a lot by taking away being instanced with other players. Being instanced allows you to share resources with others and see other player's builds. These things allow you to adapt and make smarter decisions because you know what your enemies are doing. Super Auto Pets lacks this depth, you simply queue up your funny animal squad and hope you don't run into some smarmy prick with a 50/50 dog that will shit down your chimney. Could you have avoided this fate? Maybe next time, bitch.

It's a fun enough fire emblem game marred by a lack of support conversations and poor encounter design. It's a weird and unique entry into the series so it's worth a passing glance regardless of its failings.

It's an easy breezy two hours of organizing stuff and putting stuff away. The way the game uses the things you put away and the spaces the things inhabit to tell a life's story is very well done. The only thing the game really needs is item descriptions so you can better tell what something actually is but also to give hints on some of the more obtuse item placements.

I played my video game ost playlist during this here 'experience' because I stopped giving a shit during the first funny drive and also I am the antivibe maggle. It ended up working really well because when the screen cut to black at the 'Pivotal' Moment/Climax/whatever it synced up well with the end of Mambo de Verano which was very fun.

Based on how the game is put together, how much of the game is shown generally and all the 4th wall meta narrative stuff it's basically impossible to properly talk about the game without spoilers so here we go.

Essentially the game changes gameplay radically twice, making up three acts with each act basically being a different game, so that's how I'll talk about the game. Act One is the act most people are familliar with because it's what sells you on the game in the gameplay trailers and other media. It is also the strongest of the three acts in pretty much every category. Atmosphere, visuals, gameplay, it's all cool and good. Main issue I had with it is that it felt too easy and if you're good/lucky this act can end quick. I finished this act in 6-7 tries with two victories so idunno.

Act Two throws everything out of the window and really takes the winds out of the sails of the game. Gone are the roguelikes and escape room elements and the graphics/atmosphere of the first act. This act I believe is emulating GBC trading card games with being a straight deck builder with a specific style of 2D graphics. This act is straight up bad with how many poorly fleshed out mechanics there are and how obnoxious deck building is because of it. I think this part of the game being bad is intentional because it fits the game's narrative but I couldn't be arsed to care.

Act Three is a melding of the two previous acts. Roguelike elements are still gone but the escape room stuff is back and the mechanics from act two are either removed or more refined here. It feels like it's trying to right the ship after a shoddy second act but for me it felt like that ship had sailed. At the very least, the bosses have goofy gimmicks that you'd expect from the Pony Island developer. After you beat those bosses though, there's no true final boss and the game just goes through the motions before being completed.

So overall I think the game is good and I enjoyed myself, but I do believe the meta stuff kind of got in the way. It's not executed terribly or anything (in fact I feel the opposite) but if the game was just Act One but more fleshed out I think it'd be better than what we got here.