March 2023:
For the last 3 years, this game was too much of a reminder of my ex for me. I should get down on my knees & give thanks that the Tekken8 trailers are triggering nostalgia, instead of triggering resentment and PTSD aftershocks 🫣. Tekken7 convinced me to buy my first gaming console, since middle school, to bond with my gamer gf. I absolutely wasn’t ready for her to show me her own “Rage Drive” (more people should talk about how domestic abuse is statistically higher in lgbt relationships)

Reviewed on Mar 17, 2023

3 Comments

2 months ago

This game brought what I thought were going to be life long friends in my life and they’ve all up and left:( still love it though

2 months ago

@Tbag2332 Thanks so much for writing this. your message made me smile, it reminded me that I’m not alone. I remember my first encounter with T7. My ex’s friend had a 60” tv mounted on the wall, and when I tried playing, I chose Alisa (the Android) who became my my main (before I even knew what word meant in the FGC). I don’t make friends quickly, and I too thought the people that played this with me would be lifelong friends as well. My ex tried to kill me, and after that Near Death Experience, I don’t see the world in the same way. Now I believe that everything happens for a reason. My guardian angels knew that codependency had brought me into that relationship with a friend of almost 5 years who I also worked with as a creative collaborator. I was too insecure to walk away, so I’m glad I learned to stand up for myself, even though I paid a huge price (I’m worth it though lol!). I hope you feel like you learned from your own T7 days, and it’s no longer a cause to ruminate. If it is, I get it: I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, but tbh, I felt stupid being emotionally stuck on a 2 year relationship for 3 years+ 🙃. It’s taken so long because that relationship brought up so many unresolved issues that had piled up within me. That’s another reason I believe everything happens for a reason. Heartbreak is a great teacher. I wish you wellness

2 months ago

@gang_of_kites I was fourth in my state as a feng Wei main and was so proud of it, I love Tekken but I am so split on getting into 8 because of the amount of dedication and practice it takes. Makes no time to play other games that’s also a factor as to why I stopped playing.