49 s over 112 Reviews

The Devil Daggers of Wolfenstein 3D; or, Anxiety: The Comic Book: The Arcade Game.

Paced like a hardcore EP, with mechanical nods to indie trends (retro FPS, roguelite) that don't feel derivative in the slightest, this game is for anyone who's parents asked them to "turn that music down, for the love of god".

A melancholy Victorian ghost story told through a simple adventure game. If you read the item descriptions in Dark Souls, this one's for you.

A void-kaleidoscope of internet media, fandom, and Horny that's simultaneously an incredible RnD center for VR social interaction.

Easy, slick platforming and a good-vibes soundtrack. Not too keen on finishing it.

Ever wanted to have a gunfight in Hyrule Castle Town, taking cover behind the item shop counter as the theme music plays?

The Steam Workshop levels add a compelling layer of Ready Player One-ness over the serviceable CS-like gameplay.

What if Shadow of the Colossus replaced the horse with a hoverboard, rocket boosters, and grappling hooks?
And also looked like a Spy Kids 3D setpiece?

Once you're comfortable with serious VR locomotion, load this thing up and experience this adrenaline rush.

Unconditional recommendation to anyone looking for a VR puzzle game. I don't think I ever attained the level of empathy for the creatures that Mr. Chahi ideally hoped I would, but this is regardless a demonstration of ideal VR game design.

You're given the time and space to breathe in these surreal, gorgeous worlds, slowly intuiting for yourself how these surprising creatures work as puzzle pieces inside the wide variety of ecological escape rooms. More than a few pleasant and possibly affecting surprises are inside this thing.

Eventually, the repetitive slog of the theoretically fun combat melted my brain into a paste which couldn't find the next handhold in the difficulty-curve-wall I found myself suddenly climbing. I loved the idea of "Diablo, but you control like eight guys at once and sic them on goblins", but didn't find it here.

Part 2 alternates between a sharply balanced, horrifically tense apocalypse combat simulator, and the rough cut of an HBO miniseries which could probably have used an editor.

The most solid rail shooter for VR that I've played, if you don't factor tracking accuracy into the equation. Couple of cool, if largely un-interactive setpieces and some not-even-really-puzzles break up the Time Crisis bits.

Whole thing felt a bit deflated after I finished, but only because there was space for a whole lot more without getting stale.

If your parents didn't let you play M-rated shooters in 2011, you got pretty desperate.
They actually ported this to Mac, too.

some of these remixes are pretty cool honestly

These days, it's difficult to purchase a 3DS that doesn't have MK7 installed on it.

I consider myself to be pretty skilled at video games. I've played arcade racers most of my life. However.
I don't understand how more people don't talk about how absolutely bull-shit tough this game is. I respect the hell out of the design, and the mechanics - but the other racers are just too perfect, man. I can't.

An alright beatemup from an era when indie games with pixel graphics weren't incredibly grating.

I'll tell you what's absolutely not grating though, is the soundtrack. Anamanaguchi killed it.