Spoilers!

The close intimacy of domestic life, contrasted against the eerie ways in which what you thought was reality falling apart. Meeting past versions of yourself, past Relationships that your past self had. The way the ground falls out from under each of the characters as they realize what's actually going on is upsetting. I, the player even want to return to the little light, anime visual novel setting where worrying about what to eat or being late for school is the most important thing.

This is a pretty strong 4. I think the only thing keeping it from being a 5 is the writing ultimately isn't strong or interesting enough - it's still stuck in the common genre conventions and limits on subject and tone. Very much what kept me going was that it was fun to see characters interact, to find out what would happen net, to fill out that timeline a little more. Still, it does a great job for what it is, I loved the characters. And it was really trying for something new as far as the interplay of storytelling and action went.

The tactical action sections are genuinely thrilling, Basiscape's music is incredible as usual - if they're not doing a great job with incredible melodies, there are some always-fitting sci-fi-esque textures.

Reviewed on May 13, 2022