A fantastic 3D platformer with addictive movement-based puzzles and bosses that feel satisfying to conquer. Also the visuals were stunning, Heart Machine know how to make games with stellar art styles. I was a little surprised at how much dialogue the game features as I feel the strong visual style and great game mechanics would be enough to carry the game alone. Either way, another great game from a great developer.

A simple yet compelling puzzle game with a gripping mystery storyline. Tied together neatly with all the charm and personality of the Ace Attorney series, as well as a banging soundtrack. Shu Takumi does it again.

Excellent characters, excellent music, excellent vibes.

Have never played the Gal Gun games and plan to keep it that way, but figured I'd check this title out as a fan of the genre. It's fine, decently made little title.

As someone whose favourite game has been Oblivion since I first played it back in 2006, I always said to myself "I'll get around to Morrowind at some point". Well, I finally had the opportunity to get around to it and decided to research the best way to play the game for the first time. It was recommended to play the game through OpenMW with a small mod list called 'I Heart Vanilla' that just added some nice quality of life changes and some polish here and there. Anyway, I have a lot I want to say but if you can't be bothered reading it all, just know I loved playing this with all my heart and soul. So, here we go.

Going into Morrowind, I wasn't really sure what to expect but I had heard nightmare stories about the combat and I was a little worried that being spoiled with fast travel in so many other open world games that I would struggle to get invested. Boy was I wrong, big time. Seyda Neen is an excellent introduction to Morrowind, giving you plenty of space to get your feet wet, learn the common systems of the game and get some easy quests under your belt. It's very similar to Goodsprings in New Vegas, another great introductory Tutorial Town, so to speak. And before I knew it, I was completely immersed in the world of Vvardenfell. I kept catching myself stopping in the early hours of my playthrough to admire the aesthetics of the foggy swamps, the lush Grasslands and barren Ashlands on my travels. The games visuals have seriously aged like a fine wine. I got completely enraptured by the world, that I found myself eventually exploring nearly every nook and cranny of it before really digging my teeth into the quests of the game. The map of Vvardenfell made me realise that a big problem Oblivion has, is that by letting the player fast travel to any major city right from the get-go, it completely removes the incentive to walk the world and explore it. And in turn, actually doing that in Oblivion is a lot less compelling than it is in Morrowind or Skyrim dare I say. Their worlds feel a lot more intentionally designed. Speaking of Skyrim, another thing that stuck out to me that I loved about Morrowind was that it does such a good job of making you feel like just another inhabitant of the world, like a character in a book, as opposed to the main character of a Hollywood movie. In Morrowind's story, when you arise to become the Nerevarine sure, but in Skyrim, within an hour you've slain a dragon and people are chanting "Dragonborn! Dragonborn!"

So actually getting to the meat and bones of the RPG, first of all, I will say that I genuinely prefer the combat of Morrowind over the happy-slap fighting of Oblivion or the cumbersome slogfest of Skyrim. Morrowind made me feel like I was actually improving at a skill, the more consistently I could hit my opponents, the better I was getting. And NPCs would say to me, "If you aren't good at something, get Training first, or you'll be wasting your time" which makes perfect sense to me. I also greatly prefer the Long Blade/Short Blade split as well as the Axe/Blunt split, I think these should make a return. Just because you're skilled with a dagger, doesn't mean you're skilled with a claymore as well, y'know? Now when it comes to the quests of the game, the amount of content available feels nearly endless, so to stop myself getting bogged down, I focused on the Fighters Guild, Thieves Guild, one of the major House questlines and then the main story afterwards. The actual quests themselves in the game are never anything more than glorified fetch quests, which I think comes down to technical limitations more than anything. But what I loved most was talking to NPCs about anything and everything. As a huge nerd for the Elder Scrolls lore, the sheer amount of it here is breathtaking, I was loving it. Everything from the cultures, histories, belief systems and anything else in between, if you wanted to find it and learn about it, Morrowind would give it to you in spades. I have so much respect for RPGs letting you just stand there and talk with people for 20 minutes at a time, or read a book on a topic that interests you, we need more like it nowadays. And what can I even say about Vivec and Dagoth Ur? Absolutely fascinating characters. I was hanging off their every word in my encounters with them. Both very compelling, bewildering, frustrating and powerful beings. I'll be honest, as of the writing of this review, I have finished up the main questline in Mournhold and haven't even been to Solstheim yet! I decided to put the game down for a short while before tackling the second add-on so I don't completely burn myself out.

There's so much more I want to say but I have to cap it off somewhere and I'll end on the note that Morrowind is nothing short of a beautiful masterpiece that fully respects your time as a player. I was very unprepared for such an excellent RPG, it's hard to believe this is the same studio who made Skyrim and Fallout 4 honestly.

Revisiting this game due to the next-gen update and overall I still really enjoyed myself. The world is easily my favourite to explore and get immersed in, combined with fun gunplay and a strong gameplay loop. Sadly it doesn't change the fact that the quests/dialogue and presentation of the lore of this game is overall poor. I made the effort to do the majority of the companion quests this time and there's some decent stuff there but it's a drop in the bucket. We genuinely need the gameplay of this game, combined with the writing quality and quest design of Fallout 1, 2 and NV.

2022

Absolute peak game design, was the first game in a long time that had me bust out a pen and paper to solve puzzles. Nothing short of incredible.

Got it on sale purely based on the god tier protagonist character design but the game is flat and boring. Not sure what else I expected tbh. I think I would've loved something like this back on the Vita 10 years ago.

Was hoping for something interesting here, maybe an older style action adventure game but sadly it's an empty soulslike. Combat has no weight, is unresponsive and isn't satisfying to play at all. Real shame.

A lovingly crafted game that managed to showcase the biggest strength of FFVII in full force, the worldbuilding. The already excellent combat is made even better with the new mechanics, the soundtracks remains one of the best in the series and the characters, both main and side, have never been better. Queen's Blood was very fun and left me wanting more of it. The range of minigames were hit and miss but it didn't stop me beating all of their highscores across my playthrough. All in all, it was filled to the brim with unforgettable moments and I can't wait to see the final entry and complete this journey of a lifetime. Sadly I lack the basic media literacy skills to understand the ending fully but I get the feeling that all my questions will have their answers in the final game.

(This was my second attempt at a review as my first one was too negative and reactionary.)

I was enjoying what I experienced of the game, thought the team composition and synergies were pretty interesting to mess around with. And the game knows exactly what it is, doesn't try to shy away from it. Sadly my profile got randomly deleted for some reason when I tried to log in one day so my decision to keep playing or not was made for me. I'd say the thing that kept me going for the few weeks that I did play it was that it always felt like I was making progress. A problem I find a lot of other gachas have is blocking you out of the huge amount of content because "number too small". Either way, it was alright, I've played worse.

I tried to get into the original on two separate occasions and could just never push through the slow tedium of completing the missions. Arguably you don't need to, but I wanted to see everything the game had to offer. Finally this remake was announced and I was excited to see what they had done with it. Safe to say, this makes the original entirely obsolete with lots of welcome quality of life changes that make the game a lot more enjoyable. It was also really fun to experience to crazy lack of balance the game has, as I beat Minerva, the super-boss of the game, at the start of Chapter 5. All in all, the game was good and fans of FFVII who haven't checked out Crisis Core yet have no excuse now. The story of Zack is integral to the overall plot and will give you a greater insight into the Remake trilogy as well.

Also, LOVELESS is cringe. Embrace your dreams.

I'm of the mind that P3 didn't really need a remake, but that doesn't mean this game wasn't incredible from start to finish. It's a game filled with so many small changes across the board that add up to make a big difference. All of the new voice actors did an excellent job of capturing the cast, while bringing their own spin to these beloved characters. And despite knowing how the game ends, it still tore at my heart strings all over again, just like it did when I first played it back on the PSP, twelve or so years ago. Like a lot of people, Persona 3 was something I experienced in my formative years and it had a huge impact on me. P3R serves as both a warm welcome to newcomers and previous fans alike. And with the confirmation of The Answer on the way as DLC, this will look to make P3FES obsolete, which I see as a good thing personally. My only gripe, one that I think a lot of people resonate with, is the lack of the inclusion of FemC's route in the game and I think that simply comes down to Atlus having just re-released P3P on modern consoles last year, unfortunately. I wish they had taken the opportunity to make this the true definitive P3 experience but...Atlus gonna Atlus.

That aside though, P3R was nothing short of breathtaking all over again. I was excited for this game when it was announced but playing through it, I fell in love all over again, as the story of P3 transcends P4 and P5's imo. If you're still on the fence about getting into the series, this is the best place to start, you won't regret it.

This game was pretty interesting, the world and lore were cool, the character designs were fun and the combat was simple but effective. I didn't end up seeing it all the way through as it failed to keep my attention around the 15 hour mark but I'm glad I've experienced something like this as the series always intrigued me.

This game introduced me to Magic and taught me how to play. You might think this was something I did as a kid in the 90s but nope, like 3 years ago lmao. Still ridiculously fun to replay, has such an addictive gameplay loop. Turn 1 Dark Ritual into Hypnotic Spectre is my jam.